Royal Sundaram Personal Accident Insurance
Accidents can happen to anyone, at any time. But now, you can take the step and make sure that you and your family are always supported during those challenging times.
Benefits of Personal Accident Insurance
Features of Personal Accident Insurance Policy
24x7 Global Coverage
No matter where in the world you are, you can be covered for up to Rs. 1 crore
Cover your family members for a defined percentage of your chosen SI
Protection That Grows Every Year
Your protection increases automatically by 5% up to a maximum of 50%, in every claim free year.
Your protection begins the moment you buy the policy. No waiting periods
No Medical Test or Income Proof
We don’t make you jump through hoops to protect your family. We can provide up to Rs. 10 lakhs cover without income proof.
Free look period
If you are not satisfied with the plan, then you can cancel within 15 days and get a refund with expenses deducted.
Why choose Royal Sundaram’s Personal Accident Cover?
Quick Painless Claims
Trusted by 5 Million Indians
We are always at your side in a crisis.
Thank you royalsundaram social media team especially Mr Rajesh Jayagopal for taking up my issue & resolving it. Keep up the good work
Thank you very much, Mr. Bhupender. You have co-operated very well; you are very soft spoken and co-operative. Thank you very much".
Ramkrishna S Dhekane13-05-2021
Best company with best services. Thank you Royal Sundaram.Best cashless service when my mother was admitted in hospital.
Rupesh Kumar PrajapatApril 12,2021
Important: We want you to understand the policy fully.
What is Covered in Our Personal Accident Insurance?
What is Not Covered in Our Personal Accident Insurance?
Accidents due to the following situations are excluded from coverage:
- From intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs
- Whilst engaging in sporting activities (aviation or ballooning, for example)
- Directly or indirectly caused by venereal disease or insanity
- Childbirth or pregnancy related
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war and other such events
Protection that leaves no room for doubts.
Have a question on Accident Insurance? Search for it.
Personal Accident Insurance is a policy that offers financial coverage in the case of an accident that results in disability or death. The specific sum insured is paid in full to the policy holder, if such an event arises, based on the benefits listed above.
'Accident' means a sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event caused by external, visible and violent means.
Accidents are never planned. They happen unexpectedly, at any given moment, and one never knows how mild or serious the injuries they cause can be. A Personal Accident Policy protects you against these unplanned difficulties, covering a wide variety of accidental events, from vehicular accidents to slips and falls. By providing you or your family with financial assistance up to the maximum sum insured, when it’s needed most.
Factors like occupation, income level and age are considered in determining the Sum Insured. Usually, the Sum Insured is a multiple of the policyholder’s annual income.
You can pay your premium for this policy at your convenience — yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly. For your convenience, premium payments are ECS (Auto Debit facility) enabled.
Here is an example of how the premium is calculated for Personal Accident Insurance, as per a risk category
Risk Group I
|Coverage||Base SI||Base Rate / Per mille||Base Premium||GST 18%||Final premium|
|Base Cover (Death, PTD, PPD)||5000000||0.42||2100||378||2478|
|Temporary Total Disablement||1000000||0.14||140||25||165|
Yes, most definitely, A Personal Accident Insurance Policy covers you from risks arising due to all kinds of accidents, be it at home or outside. It compensates you with a lump-sum amount to provide financial support at your time of need, in the case of disablement or death caused by accidents.
Those between 18 years and 70 years are eligible for this cover. Dependent child / children shall be covered from the age of 3 months to 25 years, subject to the definition of ‘Family’ as defined in the policy.
We provide coverage of up to 10% of the base Sum Insured for the following hospitalisation expenses:
- Room, Boarding, Nursing Expenses as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, whether paid directly to the treating doctor / surgeon or to the hospital
- Anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, surgical appliances, medicines and drugs, costs towards diagnostics, diagnostic imaging modalities and such other similar expenses. (Expenses on Hospitalisation for a minimum period of 24 hours are admissible. However, this time limit of 24 hours shall not apply when the treatment does not require hospitalisation as specified in the Terms and Conditions of policy contract, where the treatment is taken in the Hospital and the insured person is discharged on the same day)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses
- The cost of prosthetics and other devices or equipment if implanted internally during a surgical procedure carried out to treat the accidental injury covered under the policy
- Expenses incurred on hospitalisation due to an accident under AYUSH (as defined in IRDAI Regulations, 2016) systems of medicine shall be covered without any sub-limits
The following expenses necessitated due to injury shall also be covered under this Optional Cover:
- Dental treatment
- Plastic surgery
- All day care treatments
- Expenses incurred on road ambulance subject to a maximum of Rs. 2000 per hospitalisation
We pay out 100% of the Sum Insured in the case of an accidental death that occurs some time during the policy period and within 12 months from the date of the accident itself.
Permanent Total Disablement
We pay out 100% of the Sum Insured in the case of Permanent Total Disablement, in the following cases only:
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of both eyes
- Physical separation or loss of use of both hands or feet
- Physical separation or loss of use of one hand and one foot
- Loss of sight in one eye and physical separation or loss of use of hand or foot
- If such an injury shall as a direct consequence permanently, and totally, disable the insured person from engaging in any employment or occupation of any description whatsoever
Permanent Partial Disablement
We pay out partial amounts of the Sum Insured in the case of Permanent Partial Disablement that occurs directly because of an accident during the policy period and within 12 months from the date of the accident.
|Loss Covered||Percentage of Sum Insured|
|1||Loss of Use / Physical Separation:
One entire hand
One entire foot
Loss of Sight of one eye
Loss of toes – all
Great both phalanges
Great – one phalanx
Other than great if more than one toe lost
|2||Loss of Use of both ears||50%|
|3||Loss of Use of one ear||20%|
|4||Loss of four fingers and thumb of one hand||40%|
|5||Loss of four fingers||35%|
|6||Loss of thumb
- both phalanges
- one phalanx
|7||Loss of Index finger -
|8||Loss of middle finger -
|9||Loss of ring finger -
|10||Loss of little finger -
|11||Loss of metacarpus -
first or second (additional)
third, fourth or fifth (additional)
|12||Any other permanent partial disablement||Percentage as assessed by the independent Medical Practitioner|
Temporary Total Disablement
Sometimes, an accident can lead to a situation where you might not be able to work at all, thus affecting your employment. You are liable for compensation at the rate of 0.2% of the Sum Insured per week until you can start work again.
We help ease the financial burden of medical costs, by covering hospitalisation expenses up to 10% of the base Sum Insured.
In the unfortunate circumstance of accidental death, we provide a one-time Educational Grant of 10% of the base Sum Insured to each dependent child in your family, under 25 years old. The child must be a full-time student at an educational institution.
Minimum Sum Insured is Rs.2.5 lakhs to a maximum Sum Insured of Rs. 5 crores. In multiples of Rs.50,000 up to Rs.1 crore and in multiples of Rs.50 lakhs for sums beyond.
Approval for the choice of Sum Insured will be based on the following eligibility criteria:
- Up to Rs.50 lakhs: 5 times annual income
- Rs.50.5 lakhs to Rs.1 crore: 8 times annual income
- Rs.1.5 crore to Rs.5 crore: 10 times annual income
There is NO income tax benefit available against premiums paid for Personal Accident Insurance
Yes, the Sum Insured will increase by 5% every year and not exceed beyond 50% at the time of renewal, for every claim free year.
Got questions? Let's have a conversation.